Used tank aquired Bio Reef 125 Gallon w/allot of equipment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pentiumburner

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok here goes. I have set up other tanks in the past but never one like this.

The tank came with a Del Rey 125 wet/dry filter, what appears to be an overflow tank, under gravel filter panels, two returns in the bottom that apparently were constructed when the tank was new. A UV Sterlizer,

lifeguard tower filters, one mechanical (pleat cartridges) one that says chemical, a pump that appears to connect to those in series, allot of valves and fittings that I guess I'll need to figure out eventually.

The tank and stand are seamingly in excellent condition. The previous owner was keeping salt water, but I want to stick with fresh. My questions are many, but my main ones are, what is the safest way to clean the inside surface of plexi? the outside no problem, have a good plexiglass cleaner but want to use non-toxic inside. Thought of water and vinegar but will this harm the acrylic? Has some water and salt deposits, but nothing too bad, (comes off w/a wet finger.)

Should I consider resealing? the tank was only dry for 6 months and it appears to be bond welded (not like a glass tank).

Should I even think about re-using the substrate. The previous owner had all puka shell gravel. The filters have been cleaned after the previous owner tore down the set up and the solid wood stand doesn't have a scratch in it same as the tank. I know new tubing is going to happen, the old stuff is still pliable, but not worth taking a chance.

Any other resources anyone can suggest will be welcomed. Sorry for the long post. T.I.A.

If you are concerned about vinegar damaging the tank, try it in an inconspicuous spot, like the bottom or in the back. There is also this cleaner by Jungle or this one or this one by Python.
It doesn't need to be resealed. Plexiglass or acrylic tanks are bonded together like you said.
Only reuse the substrate if you want to keep fish that require a high pH (like cichlids).

Thank you

One more quick question, With everyhting I got including all the equipment and the solid wood canopy, stand, lights, pumps, filters, heaters, extra lamps etc, was 600.00 too much?

I did research all the equipment, tanks costs stand cost, canopy costs ets and it seemed like a good deal?

Back
Top Bottom