Using another Aquarium to add water volume ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ah I see kinda like putting a glass in a tub of water and pulling the glass out but the water stays in the glass until air gets in it.. So Then I could get a PCV pipe, and run it from one tank to the other right ? Since both tanks are the same height then I wouldn't have to worry about water spilling on my floor from one tank being overfilled.. I assume to get the water flowing though I would have to take my canister filter and have the inlet in one tank and the spray bar in another tank though right ? Or could I just take one of my Internal filter and point them up in the tubing to create water flow between the tanks ? You know what I mean ? Have two tubes going to each tank.. one for flow going in and the other for flow going out ?

I like this idea lol.. I might block it off though with some netting to keep my discus in the main tank, I don't want to create a bridge for them to swim back and forth lol

Ah I see kinda like putting a glass in a tub of water and pulling the glass out but the water stays in the glass until air gets in it.. So Then I could get a PCV pipe, and run it from one tank to the other right ? Since both tanks are the same height then I wouldn't have to worry about water spilling on my floor from one tank being overfilled.. I assume to get the water flowing though I would have to take my canister filter and have the inlet in one tank and the spray bar in another tank though right ? Or could I just take one of my Internal filter and point them up in the tubing to create water flow between the tanks ? You know what I mean ? Have two tubes going to each tank.. one for flow going in and the other for flow going out ?

I like this idea lol.. I might block it off though with some netting to keep my discus in the main tank, I don't want to create a bridge for them to swim back and forth lol

Putting the intake on one side and the outflow on the other seems like the best idea. But why would you block the bridge!? The whole point is to watch the fish go through! :)

That's perfect then Im totally going to do this.. and I'll till my internal filters sideway and use the power head section on both to create water flow.. I have 2 internals as well one in each tank.. this is like perfect lol..

Im totally going to try this with PCV pipe and if it works ill try to find clear pipes.. PCV is safe for fish am I right ?

Putting the intake on one side and the outflow on the other seems like the best idea. But why would you block the bridge!? The whole point is to watch the fish go through! :)

Well I don't want my discus to get stuck in them.. They have spines and if they freak out they could get stuck and die.. Plus the 27g hex is kinda small if my discus decide not to go back to the other tank. You know what I mean ? I don't wanan stress them out.. Maybe I will get small enough piping so only my smaller fish can go through.. And my desk in the middle of these tanks.. can you imagine a school of neons swimming in front of you through clear pipes from one tank to the other ? LOL

Well I don't want my discus to get stuck in them.. They have spines and if they freak out they could get stuck and die.. Plus the 27g hex is kinda small if my discus decide not to go back to the other tank. You know what I mean ? I don't wanan stress them out.. Maybe I will get small enough piping so only my smaller fish can go through.. And my desk in the middle of these tanks.. can you imagine a school of neons swimming in front of you through clear pipes from one tank to the other ? LOL

I was just about to suggest the smaller pipes thing. If my 20 gallons weren't so wildly different I would do this with them- but one tank has multifasciatus and god forbid they violently murder my tetras....

My only issue stopping me is my 27g hex has pest snails.. They look like trumpet snails, but they are mini sized.. I put in two clown loaches but I dunno if they are eating them or not..

Im not sure how to eliminate these snails.. Is there something I can put in the water to kill all the snails ? But not harm my plants.. I have only like 6 fish in the tank I can move them... I just want these snails gone

My only issue stopping me is my 27g hex has pest snails.. They look like trumpet snails, but they are mini sized.. I put in two clown loaches but I dunno if they are eating them or not..

Im not sure how to eliminate these snails.. Is there something I can put in the water to kill all the snails ? But not harm my plants.. I have only like 6 fish in the tank I can move them... I just want these snails gone

Put in 1 assassin snail

36g semi-aggressive
20g community
10g betta, nano fish, shrimp
3g betta

I had 2 in their for awhile and I don't think they did anything.. and I have 2 clown loaches now and I dunno if they are doing anything either.. I have so many of these things that the bottom of my substrates is covered in em lol..

I wonder if I should put the two assassin snails back in with the loaches.. just worried they will eat my assassin snails

Back
Top Bottom