Using Seachem Paraguard.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kashif314

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have detritus worms in my tank. I know they aren't harmful but I don't like them. I am sure they came with water from store from where I bought shrimps.

Anyways, I read about one product Paraguard. Is it good to overcome these worms. Even if it isn't is it generally a good product and CAN IT BE USED AS PRECAUTION WHILE EVERY WATER change or is it to use in case of some infection only. Please share your experience with this product. Thanks.

Huh?? They're beneficial.. stop feeding so much and clean more. I would not dump chemicals in your tank for this reason.. bad idea..

Agree with above also. Detritus and less common planaria worms are usually caused from either over feeding your fish or not vacuuming your gravel enough. Either way physical maintenance of the tank and lighter feedings will reduce them.

Huh?? They're beneficial.. stop feeding so much and clean more. I would not dump chemicals in your tank for this reason.. bad idea..

Cleaning the tank and feeding less should resolve the issue IMO also.

Agree with above also. Detritus and less common planaria worms are usually caused from either over feeding your fish or not vacuuming your gravel enough. Either way physical maintenance of the tank and lighter feedings will reduce them.
I feed twice in a week to shrimps and not overfeed. Shrimps finish food within few hours always. What happened was I bought new shrimps and my brother with me and at home I had to do some urgent tasks so I asked him to acclimate and add shrimps to my tank. He poured the water that came with the shrimps and next day I noticed worms in tank. Before that day I never seen any worm in tank so I am sure they came with the LFS water.

I mean paraguard in general. Is it good idea to use as prevention? Some people put paraguard after water change so that's why I asked mainly.

I add nothing to my water besides Safe [dry version of Prime].
All my fish get raised with large water changes of just tap water.
It is 'reasonable' so they have no issues at all.
I would not add any med or salt to a tank without causing.
Using some meds as a preventive measure can be how some of the resistant super strains are grown .

I add nothing to my water besides Safe [dry version of Prime].
All my fish get raised with large water changes of just tap water.
It is 'reasonable' so they have no issues at all.
I would not add any med or salt to a tank without causing.
Using some meds as a preventive measure can be how some of the resistant super strains are grown .
Very valid point. Otherwise parasites may become resistant to product and product no longer work in case of some infection or may require high dose. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom