vacation care

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Welcome to AA!! :smilecolros:
How long are you going to be gone for? They can go for a period of time without food, but there still is the issue of water top offs, checking to make sure there are no pump break downs etc.
What I do is measure the food out into dixie cups before I leave and hide the rest of the food. This way there is no overfeeding. :wink:

Im going to be gone for 5 days. Thats a great idea you have for the dixie cups. :D Im not too worried about the water. I plan on topping off and testing everything the morning before I leave.

5 days, hmmm. I would get someone to come in and check on things at least. Just premeasure the food and give a good inservice on emergencies and you should be fine. :) I also leave my LFS phone number for them just in case you have an equipment failure.

Like QS says you need someone to make a stop by the house to check. I would have a nervious breakdown if I left my tank alone for 5 days with no one checking on it.
i guess thats why I do go on vacations :(

Back
Top Bottom