Vacation feeders

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do they make a mess of your tank

I've heard mixed results of how well they work, from over feeding and fouling the tank, to not feeding at all and finding a tank full of dead fish after 10 days.

Most fish can go 3-5 days without food and still be healthy IMO. I wouldn't go 2 weeks without feeding my fish though.

Mr. Limpet said:
I've heard mixed results of how well they work, from over feeding and fouling the tank, to not feeding at all and finding a tank full of dead fish after 10 days.

Most fish can go 3-5 days without food and still be healthy IMO. I wouldn't go 2 weeks without feeding my fish though.

Agree, two weeks it a little pushy, also depends of the kind of fish.

They are south American Cichlids and I will be gone for a week

Angelfish56 said:
They are south American Cichlids and I will be gone for a week

I think that 1 week will be fine. Just overfeed them a little the day that you are leaving!
This is just my suggestion, I have not done this yet, neither I have cichlids . But I read here something like that

I think that 1 week will be fine. Just overfeed them a little the day that you are leaving!
This is just my suggestion, I have not done this yet, neither I have cichlids . But I read here something like that

That's exactly what i do! :)

ejaramillo01 said:

+1

That's what I do, only I just double on the feeding (1 per day normally) 3-4 days before we're gone. I also do extra PWC and a big one the night before too.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom