Vacationing and Planted Tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishenthusiast

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey everyone, I'm going to be going on vacation in a couple days. I'm going to be having a relative of mine take care of it, so there will still be a somewhat constant flow of nutrients into the water (every other day she'll be dosing PPS-Pro and Excel). My only concern is about my stem plants that I just planted: Rotala rotundifolia and Ludwigia repens. Could they float if they happen to not root in the period that I'm gone (about a week or so). I put some Iron Up tabs under both of them, and I put some root tabs under my Crypts and Swords (not related to my concern, but it should help them nonetheless).

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've had various types of stem plants dislodge before rooting before. They floated for a long time, like weeks, and still live. Most of the time they'll start developing roots while floating. It's just a matter of where they start floating. Like if they're still getting light. If so, then you should be fine to just replant when you get back.

I've had various types of stem plants dislodge before rooting before. They floated for a long time, like weeks, and still live. Most of the time they'll start developing roots while floating. It's just a matter of where they start floating. Like if they're still getting light. If so, then you should be fine to just replant when you get back.

That's good to hear. Thanks for the info!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom