Waiting a Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trkchezz

Aquarium Advice Freak
Like many of us, I have other things to do in life besides my fish, Work, Kids, wife, etc.. So my question to everyone.

Can you wait a day or two to do maintenance, water changes, water tests, etc.?

What does everyone else do?

You can if your water testing is good. I have never missed a water change. But I am just anal like that. Then again I would rather do a water change and mess with my fish than clean the house. So I make sure to do that first and playing with the fish is my reward. I have 6 kids between 3-22, a husband and I run a business. The fish are my stress reliever since I had to give up my horses a few years ago

Like many of us, I have other things to do in life besides my fish, Work, Kids, wife, etc.. So my question to everyone.

Should be fine unless you are overly stocked or have discus or something like that. Also if your schedule is tight (like mine) and/or your lazy (not....well yeah thats me too lol) then live plants will help clean the water.

Should be fine unless you are overly stocked or have discus or something like that. Also if your schedule is tight (like mine) and/or your lazy (not....well yeah thats me too lol) then live plants will help clean the water.

Good advice, I have lots of live plants

Oh god no. NitrAte build up happens instantaneously so missing a water change is catastrophic :0

Joking of course, just be aware if you miss a water change the next one needs to be bigger or followed by another water change to compensate.

Also though I was joking overstocked tanks are definitely at risk of dangerous nitrAte build up if even one water change is missed (Depending on how overstocked of course).

Will sometimes move it around a couple of days if it works out better. If I miss a week I'll do a bit larger pwc the next week but that is rare. The tank is fully stocked and never noticed any issues from this.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom