Want Betta's together, watch this!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Your plants look nice. I am not only an aquarium hobbyist, but an avid gardener. I even have 20 different houseplants. One thing that I have found in common with both aquatic and terrestrial plants is that as new leaves grow, older ones eventually die. So finding older leaves beginning to turn brown is normal. At least you knew what to do...cut them off. Good job.
Oh, i have my good share of house plants and flower garderns, and a garden. Lol! I've cut some house plants just to throw in my tanks to float. I never have enough anyways might as well start more. [emoji6]

Oh, i have my good share of house plants and flower garderns, and a garden. Lol! I've cut some house plants just to throw in my tanks to float. I never have enough anyways might as well start more. [emoji6]
Half of my large garden is nothing but strawberry patches. Got rows and rows of them. My favorite.

One handed water changes

I'm sorry to hear about your finger cutting accident. I hope it heals quickly. I broke a hand bone once and had to figure out how to wash dishes. I figured out that I could sit a plate on a damp dish towel next to the sink and wash it without the plate spinning. That has nothing to do with water changes. I just wanted you to know that I care that you got injured and that we always figure a way to adapt. Good Luck.

I'm sorry to hear about your finger cutting accident. I hope it heals quickly. I broke a hand bone once and had to figure out how to wash dishes. I figured out that I could sit a plate on a damp dish towel next to the sink and wash it without the plate spinning. That has nothing to do with water changes. I just wanted you to know that I care that you got injured and that we always figure a way to adapt. Good Luck.
Thank you very kindly. I just did water changes so I will be ok for a couple of days. I think I can rubber band a bag over my hand so the dressing doesn't get wet. :whistle:

Thinking I got the start of ich on my blue girl. Seen 1 spot on her yesterday (top fin) snatched her up as soon as I seen it. Put her in a 1-2gallon with some tank water and let some aquarium salt dissolve in it before I put her in. She looks better today. Violet is sooo stressed. White belly and stripes, she still might be a little bloated, baby girl is doing about the best, Viper looks like she might be starting to grow her tail back, but very little. Feed a little last night and little blood worms today's. Test showed less than .25 on ammonia today did a 50-60% water change added stress coat only. Cleaned blues floater out( hot water and Dawn dish soap, rinsed till clear) added clean tank water and 1tsp aquarium salt. Trying to breath the best I can. Lol! Ugh! I might just open another post on this situation. Now that things have changed. My male and his tank is a hot mess, nothing like throwing a title wave at me. Lol! Everything good as it can be for now.

Thinking I got the start of ich on my blue girl. Seen 1 spot on her yesterday (top fin) snatched her up as soon as I seen it. Put her in a 1-2gallon with some tank water and let some aquarium salt dissolve in it before I put her in. She looks better today. Violet is sooo stressed. White belly and stripes, she still might be a little bloated, baby girl is doing about the best, Viper looks like she might be starting to grow her tail back, but very little. Feed a little last night and little blood worms today's. Test showed less than .25 on ammonia today did a 50-60% water change added stress coat only. Cleaned blues floater out( hot water and Dawn dish soap, rinsed till clear) added clean tank water and 1tsp aquarium salt. Trying to breath the best I can. Lol! Ugh! I might just open another post on this situation. Now that things have changed. My male and his tank is a hot mess, nothing like throwing a title wave at me. Lol! Everything good as it can be for now.
Sorry to hear about the ich spot, but you caught it quickly. I have a concern about the dawn dishwashing detergent. I'm not doubting that you rinced well enough this time, but I always warn hobbiest to never use any type of soap or detergent on anything associated with a fish aquarium. Any traces of unrinced soap can be toxic to fish. You can use chlorine bleach like Clorox to clean with as it rinces away completely easily. If you have any mineral deposits or difficult to remove algae when cleaning a peace of equipment, common table salt (preferably without iodide) makes a good scrubbing powder which also rinces off well and harmless to fish. Also don't use commercial sponges. They are soft when you purchase them without being wet because they contain a humectant that is also toxic to fish. There are thin plastic fiber dish scrubbers (usually green in color) that are not attached to sponges that are also safe to use.

Sorry to hear about the ich spot, but you caught it quickly. I have a concern about the dawn dishwashing detergent. I'm not doubting that you rinced well enough this time, but I always warn hobbiest to never use any type of soap or detergent on anything associated with a fish aquarium. Any traces of unrinced soap can be toxic to fish. You can use chlorine bleach like Clorox to clean with as it rinces away completely easily. If you have any mineral deposits or difficult to remove algae when cleaning a peace of equipment, common table salt (preferably without iodide) makes a good scrubbing powder which also rinces off well and harmless to fish. Also don't use commercial sponges. They are soft when you purchase them without being wet because they contain a humectant that is also toxic to fish. There are thin plastic fiber dish scrubbers (usually green in color) that are not attached to sponges that are also safe to use.
I must be doing something right, I've washed a lot of containers and tanks in Dawn and I've never had a problem. Imo, I don't see much difference as to using bleach. Just the smell of bleach and thoughts of using it for my fish stuff scares me. But, I will probably be trying it with my plants when the time comes. Unless I figure something else out.

I must be doing something right, I've washed a lot of containers and tanks in Dawn and I've never had a problem. Imo, I don't see much difference as to using bleach. Just the smell of bleach and thoughts of using it for my fish stuff scares me. But, I will probably be trying it with my plants when the time comes. Unless I figure something else out.
If you're not afraid to use the Dawn, it's certainly your choice. I just wanted to give you the heads up about soap toxicity and suggest some alternatives. Straight, undiluted white vinager is also a good cleaner that kills pathogens, rinces away well and it's acidity even helps to disolve mineral deposits. However you choose, it's obviously up to you. Good luck.

Tried to send a pic of vipers tail but apparently my pics exceed the limits. Tried a few different things and nothing working. So might be finding another app. If I can't post pics then no body can see. Don't know what to do.

Nothing's working. I even tried to open a new post and can't load any pics. Tried downsizing the pic. Can't delete any off my old posts either.
I've enjoyed the pic you've been posting. Maybe you can open another posting like "Angellove78cont. I don't know what the site would allow, but it's something worth looking into.

Got my other filter today. Blue is back in the tank. Everyone's doing good. Poor viper is growing her tail very slowly, she's still in the 55g swimming like nothing even happened. Think she'll pull through. Might not look as pretty as she was but she'll get her tail back. Gonna take some time. But there's hope. The extra filter will help keep the tank cleaner too. But, still doing my water changed like dedication. Light feeding yesterday.

Got my other filter today. Blue is back in the tank. Everyone's doing good. Poor viper is growing her tail very slowly, she's still in the 55g swimming like nothing even happened. Think she'll pull through. Might not look as pretty as she was but she'll get her tail back. Gonna take some time. But there's hope. The extra filter will help keep the tank cleaner too. But, still doing my water changed like dedication. Light feeding yesterday.
One nice thing about viper is that a male won't care if her tail is perfect and when she's ready, you can pass on her original beauty to her offspring.

Wow, how did she lose most of her tail again? Poor baby!
When my daughter got in my tank and took the girls out. It's actually growing back sooner than what I thought. Been dosing with stress coat when I do water changes. Thought I'd try it out. Think the water changes help more. But doing everything I can to help her. Everyone else is back to normal. No stress. Took about a wk for that. It's been crazy.

Poor girl. But she still has her most beautiful green color. I already said that when she's ready to breed, a male won't care about her short tail. I would love to see the offspring from her genes.
I know. Just hurts me to see her like that. I was worried it was broke off up to the body. But she must of had just enough tail to start regrowing it. It's starting to. We'll see about breeding her in a few months. That 1/2 A tail don't faze her a bit. She swims just like the rest.

I know. Just hurts me to see her like that. I was worried it was broke off up to the body. But she must of had just enough tail to start regrowing it. It's starting to. We'll see about breeding her in a few months. That 1/2 A tail don't faze her a bit. She swims just like the rest.
I'm happy it didn't break up to the body. I know you keep tank clean, but I know the dangers to a fish with an open wound. I only have a red male in a community tank. Big Red is very beautiful too, but I must admit that if I had seen one the color of viper, I would have gotten it instead. She's amazing.

Back
Top Bottom