Want some more fish, need suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TKEON230

Aquarium Advice Regular
I finally got my 40 gallon FOWLR tank stable after a few years. I lost a bunch of fish and time because I did things wrong (too few water changes, bad water, overfeeding, too many additions at once, etc.). I've had an orange Firefish in my tank for 2 months now with no issues and normal tank parameters. I want to add some more fish and was wondering what sort of fish you all might suggest. I'm looking to have a variety of colors in a peaceful tank. I also may turn my FOWLR into a reef tank if things stay as good as they are after I've added all my fish. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance...

A clownfish would be nice. A dwarf angel would be nice but he would have to come out when the corals come IME. Pink spotted goby is nice. You have so many choices.

Thank you for your suggestions! I really like the way the Royal Gramma and Pink Spotted Goby look. Would they both get along with each other and with the Firefish? Any recommended order of adding them to the tank?

Make sure you quarantine that Royal Gramma before adding him to your tank. I learned the hard way and mine died from a serious ich infestation. Quarantine all new fish to be safe.

I really like the way the Royal Gramma and Pink Spotted Goby look.

They would get along fine. Here is a pic of the pink spotted Goby.

img_928297_0_82b49336ff8202b74bfa8430697a7c9a.jpg

img_928297_1_7f36498423b26bd50cea180b45e28d56.jpg

img_928297_2_cf20341d8247f24f16c2280d9b5ec597.jpg

I got a Royal Gramma on Friday and added him to my tank. I didn't get your message in time about quarantining him. He seems pretty healthy, though. When I went into my LFS I asked them what they thought would be a good fish for my tank and they said a Royal Gramma, so they agreed with the consensus on here as well. I'm gonna wait another couple months before adding another fish...maybe a pink spotted goby...maybe something else. Thanks for the help everybody!

Back
Top Bottom