Want to set up a 10 gal nano reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Im planing for my new 10 gallon reef tank. I need to know if this light would be any good.

96 watt 50/50™ 4-Tube (quad) Compact Fluorescent Lamp Included
Built-in Ballast and Cooling Fans
Sleek Aluminum Housing
Highly-Polished Reflector
Acrylic Lens Cover

This would be 9.6 watts/gallon, I was thinking of keeping either some shrooms, and colony polyps such as buttons ect, and some xenia. Or going with a carpet anemone and a percula, and mabye a few corals. Or a buble tip and corals with a maroon clown. What do you guys think? Im htinking a carpet might be too big, please let me know! thanks

Not sure about the anemone, but I'm thinking you're right about the carpet being too large. The light will be more than enough...you could keep SPS under that. You may want to shade the shrooms and other lower light corals a bit. The 96w quad is a popular light for 10g nanos. You may have heat issues with it though.

Mabye the legs, and a topless setup will help with heat? Would a bubble tip be ok under this light long term? Thanks for the quick resposne

I just got this one and it works well for a 10g - get the mounting legs and keep the top open so - less heat build-up

Ok thanks for the input. Does anyone know about the anemone question??

Back
Top Bottom