Warm water from tap?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. Aquaforce

Aquarium Advice Freak
As I live in Nebraska and the fact that it's COLD here atm, I have been fiddling with the hot n cold water Valves using the python water changer system, I honestly love the system but I'm starting to get annoyed with the water changes and getting the temp to the exact temp the tank is set on which is 80°, currently using a fuvual 300 that displays the temp as well, however my tank struggles to keep the temp up due to being in the basement (my room) and by the garage door (bad idea I know... ?). Have been thinking should I buy a inline heater to the pyhton water changer to heat the water up accurately? Or what is your method of heating the water up before putting into your aquarium. I just hate the fact that my fish has to go through the drastic tempreture shifts..... ????

Mr...

80 degrees is a bit warm for most aquarium fish. Warmer water will increase the metabolism of your fish and decrease the lifespan. Warmer water also doesn't hold onto oxygen as well as cooler water, so you can have more water chemistry problems. 75 degrees is closer to normal temperature.

When I change the tank water, I allow the tap water to run for a minute or so to allow the water temperature to level off and even be a bit warmer than the water that's in the tank. I keep the tank water at 75 degrees and the new water that goes in is slightly warmer.

B

Mr...

80 degrees is a bit warm for most aquarium fish. Warmer water will increase the metabolism of your fish and decrease the lifespan. Warmer water also doesn't hold onto oxygen as well as cooler water, so you can have more water chemistry problems. 75 degrees is closer to normal temperature.

When I change the tank water, I allow the tap water to run for a minute or so to allow the water temperature to level off and even be a bit warmer than the water that's in the tank. I keep the tank water at 75 degrees and the new water that goes in is slightly warmer.

B
I know it is :) my fishes have seem to develop some kind of sickness, ick or an internal parasite as far as I know both my angels are affected the little one a bit more stressed due to the big one bullying him as I have separated the two by netting up the small one and set the net atop the tank as I do not Have a isolation tank nor hospital tank. Currently using paraguard, but have been thinking king of going ahead with the furan-2 after I do the weekly water change tomorrow?

Back
Top Bottom