Was I starving my gbr's?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Definitely no such thing as a wild GBR. There are wild Blue Rams, but NO wild German Blue Rams. German Blue Ram's were selectively bred in Germany to acquire the colors that you see today. A Wild Caught Blue Ram and a German Blue Ram are related but very different. I have a couple of Blue Rams in one of my community tanks with a pair of German Blue Rams. Totally different. Also, I've never heard of or seen a Ram eat plants. They are omnivorous but I'm pretty sure the non carnivorous things they eat comprise of algae and such that grow on plants and other places. A 6 year old Ram would be a sight to behold. Just had to put my two cents in

Emilygupps, I would however stay away from balloon rams in the future, they are notoriously weak due to ridiculous line breeding for shape

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Definitely no such thing as a wild GBR. There are wild Blue Rams, but NO wild German Blue Rams. German Blue Ram's were selectively bred in Germany to acquire the colors that you see today. A Wild Caught Blue Ram and a German Blue Ram are related but very different. I have a couple of Blue Rams in one of my community tanks with a pair of German Blue Rams. Totally different. Also, I've never heard of or seen a Ram eat plants. They are omnivorous but I'm pretty sure the non carnivorous things they eat comprise of algae and such that grow on plants and other places. A 6 year old Ram would be a sight to behold. Just had to put my two cents in

It's all a matter of semantics. "Technically" they are the same species but they are far from the same. So really both sides of the argument are correct.

Emilygupps, I would however stay away from balloon rams in the future, they are notoriously weak due to ridiculous line breeding for shape

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks, as I said earlier my bf really wanted them but we've agreed not to get any more. If we do get any more rams at all they will be from the breeder in SD and probably be gbr and go in to their own tank. We bought one specifically for our pair before the female died.

Sent from my iPhone

There is so much bad information out there on Rams and it it just kills me to see when that bad information is passed on. And I'm with Gillie, I'd avoid Balloon Ram's at all costs. I don't think those types of fish should ever be sold.

Anything "balloon" shouldn't be sold... My new lfs has balloon carpintis! They're horrible!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

I know people like them and think they're "cute" but, I'm with you. They shouldn't be sold. Same thing with the Blood Parrot and other fish like that. I'm not a huge fan of all these weird imbreeds and deformities.

I know people like them and think they're "cute" but, I'm with you. They shouldn't be sold. Same thing with the Blood Parrot and other fish like that. I'm not a huge fan of all these weird

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think they look unnatural... And that's a turn off.

Sent from my iPhone

I said something similar earlier.. i deleted the post though.. all I have to say is Frankenstein..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Anything "balloon" shouldn't be sold... My new lfs has balloon carpintis! They're horrible!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

WHAT! who would do that to a carpintis? One of the most beautiful fish out there.

Sent from my EVO using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom