Water changes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ericbrooks

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Curious what everybody else uses for water changes..buckets etc...tryin to get some ideas.will be doing a 20 gallon change weekly

People use buckets, however a lot of people also use the aqueon water changer

That water changer work with SW too? Doesn't it hook to ur faucet?

The problem with salwater is that you wouldn't be able to add water with it because the salinity wouldn't match. You could still take water out with it

No problem getting it out...just tryin to find a way that's better than tote'n around 4 5 gallon buckets

I have a container that holds about 35 gallons of water.I also have five 5 gallon containers that I use.I do a 15 gallon PWC every other week in my 75 gallon with 20 gallon sump.The day before the water change I place the 35 gallon container beside my aquarium and pour in 15 gallons of RO/DI water and mix the salt in.I place a heater in and small powerhead and run them in the container until the next day.The next day I use half inch tubing and drain water into the five gallon bucket and dump outside three times from my DT.I start siphon using powerhead that is in DT.During this I have sump turned off.After I double check temp and salinity in big container I use a PH with half inch hose to start pumping the new water into my sump,turning sump back on.Make sure you have the PS turned off until you get the new water in to the proper level in your sump.
This I have found is the easiest way for me.15 gallons out 15 gallons in.

In the past I have left the 35 gallon container in the garage And pumped from there with 75 ft of tubing,but actually have found it is easiest to tote the 5 gallon containers the day before into the den.

Yeah u was looking at the rubbermaid food grade 35 gallon trash cans..I live in a apartment so I don't have a place really to keep a big ol trash can.gotta figure out something though..just upgraded to 90g from 55,was using the 5g buckets then no big deal,now it's twice the amount so...not using a ro/di unit right now..have good water out of the tap.just take the chlorine out and I've had really good luck with it so far..on the 55g anyway

Back
Top Bottom