Water changes???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

greenorchid

Aquarium Advice Regular
Ok ..... when I do my weekly water change of 25% - 50% (I have 2 goldfish in a 55 gallon) Do I add :

Stress Coat
Stress Zyme
and
Prime to the new water?

Can I add the water and then pour liquid treatments in after or am I suppose to mix in bucket first.

I'm asking because this was much easier with my 10 gallon and this will be my first water change in my 55 gallon.

If I mix in bucket first how can I know I'm using the right amount because the amount in the bucket is less than the amount I will be adding to the tank.

Hope I'm making sense - thanks for your help and any responses*

Prime is all you need. Stress coat is just a dechlorinator with aloe juice added.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I also only use Prime.

I add the water to the bucket at the right temperature (just test by hand) and then use a dripper to drip in the right amount of Prime (about 5 drops for 10 litres, or 2 gallons) then I pour the water into my tank.

You can use just the prime. No need for the other stuff. Also, you can just add the amount for the whole 55 gallons right to the tank, then add all the water to fill it, that way you know your all set.

You can use just the prime. No need for the other stuff. Also, you can just add the amount for the whole 55 gallons right to the tank, then add all the water to fill it, that way you know your all set.

This is exactly how I do it, drain water, add prime, refill with water.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom