water chemistry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jjamontan

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I tested my water today thinking I would start doseing 2 part. I am now confused and wanting some help with what to do. My results are in the picture.

ForumRunner_20130923_200002.jpg
The calcium is high as far ad I know what about the rest of them? And how do I did it?

What are you currently dosing? Cal and mag are high but alk a little low. Ph is is ok but a little on the low side.

What salt mix are you using or pre mixed water?

I use Kent's salt, I have cal, alk and mag for dosing have not dosed anything. I just want to get the three right

Have you dosed anything in the past? do you know what your salt base levels are for cal and mag? I don't see how your cal and mag got so high without dosing unless your salt has levels that high. or the salt itself isn't well mixed before adding water? Can you mix up some fresh saltwater and test it before adding to your tank? Something is out of whack and it doesn't make sense. The only other issued could be what you are using to test with.
best way to even out all your parameters will be to do some larger water changes. But you need to test the fresh saltwater first. Once you obtain a balance of ph, alk, and cal your system should balance out and stay stable with water changes and or dosing. Do you have a large lps, sps stock? If not you shouldn't need to dose unless you don't do water changes.

I have never dosed anything. I have some lps and sps not a huge load of sps.

ForumRunner_20130924_120658.jpg
As you can see.
I did use a ATI calcium test kit. I will mix up some more salt water tomorrow

I have to ask, why are you double posting your questions. I feel like I wasted my time answering on the other post when many of those answers were already provided in this post.:nono:

Lately there have been many people double posting their questions.:mad:

Created this thread after I was getting no answers from my build thread. Not wanting to double post just wanting help

You can increase your PH by aerating it with water surface agitation. You also need to increase your KH by dosing the Part 1 of B-ionic. Your Calcium is way too high so you do not need the Part 2.

Back
Top Bottom