water conditioner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

drummerj

Aquarium Advice Activist
hi all, im curious as to what i should do about chloromines in the water, as the area i live in just changed to them from chlorine. I have stress coat/water conditioner which obliterates all that nasty stuff, and i know theres something called pulse for salt water tanks, but, would it hurt my salt water tank if i used the stress coat/water conditioner? there are only live rocks in at this time, and salt is already added.

haha yeah, but would stress coat do anything bad to the salt or to the life on the rocks? seeing as it IS meant for freshwater.

I'm not completely sure about that product, like mnestroy said, I would be leary of using FW chems in a SW tank.

Whatever you do, don't use a solution with Aloe in it.
Your skimmer will go berserk.
Will not chloramines, like ammonia, diffuse naturally. Jeff

Tap water will lead to nothing but probvlems over the long haul. An RO/DI unit will be a lifesaver to your tank

will untreated tap water with salt in it be harmful to live rock?

will untreated tap water with salt in it be harmful to live rock?
It could be bad for your tank, in general, depending on what's in it. I have well water.

thanks for the help everyone, i totally got it fixed up, and now there is really neat plant life coming alive.

Back
Top Bottom