Water problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

redwings

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My water is fine everything is good it is a new aquarium and my fish are doing great but the waters a bit murky how can I make it more clear.

Depends on your definition of murky ( color ) . I would just let it settle since its a new tank

It is a bit white but barely and it's only 7 days old

So it's still cycling. It will eventually clear up. Just keep an eye for spikes as to not harm your fish.

It's a bacterial bloom. They happen with nearly every new tank while it's cycling. Just give it some time and it will clear up on its own. Practically the only thing you can do to get rid of it is a uv sterilizer and that is an expensive unnecessary investment.

Hello red...

The water in a newly established tank, will be cloudy for several weeks if not longer. I would recommend using a dense poly fiber in your filtration equipment. Acurel and HBH have a good product. The heavier fiber wil attract and hold the particles from the substrate and any plant and fish material that float around in the water and cause cloudiness.

Vacuuming the tank will also disturb the substrate and cause cloudiness. So, if you have a planted tank, stop vacuuming and simply remove half the tank water every week or two. This helps maintain a level water chemistry and clear the water.

B

Back
Top Bottom