Water Quality issues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bixby

Aquarium Advice Newbie
What is essential to test aquarium water for? and Can you let the water remain unchanged as long as it looks clean?

We have a drilled well on our property and it looks as if our water comes out quite acidic. I would rather buy fish that fit the water rather than fight the PH level all the time.

So far I've had luck keeping danios alive and one scissortail rasbora plus a pleco. I have lost barbs, a bali shark, two scissor tails, and goldfish in the past.

I am practising with 20 gallon tank and a fluval 204 filter with hopes of getting bigger tanks someday with a larger variety of fish.

Any advice?

1 ammonia nitrate nitrate ph and its good to know the kh and gh.
2 weekly water changes. should be doing 10-20% weekly in a cycled tank. i do 50% weekly
3 i would get a ph test and figure it out then guessing. many fish will adapt to different water anyways.

+1 on gamers post. Maybe a typo but should be testing for PH, ammonia, nitrIte and nitrAte. Also to agree that fish will ajust to PH as long as it is constant.

Back
Top Bottom