Water wisteria

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kiwi35

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Have a water wisteria that has been in the tank for a couple of weeks now and i have noticed these thin white thread-like things growing off the stems. The threads grow along the entire height of the stem, so are they roots or something else entirely?

kiwi35 said:
Have a water wisteria that has been in the tank for a couple of weeks now and i have noticed these thin white thread-like things growing off the stems. The threads grow along the entire height of the stem, so are they roots or something else entirely?

Those are roots. :)

Thanks! They are kinda unsightly I think though but I guess I'll have to live with them. Is there an easy way to get them to propagate?

If I remember correctly you just snip below those little white roots then replant the cutting, I have no experience with this yet but I thought that's what I read before I bought the plant. Can anyone confirm?

With most stem plants...ou can just snip off the top and plug it into the substrate. It grows roots wherever it needs them...so no worries there. I don't know if you should trim the roots...seems like they prob need them...but I wouldn't think it would hurt them too much to try. This stuff grows like crazy! It will run also...and root as it goes. I really like it. :)

Back
Top Bottom