Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mckitrick

Aquarium Advice Freak
If take a gallon pitcher and fill it with tapwater and let it sit for aprox. A week or so will the clorine evaporate when the water dosent i have a grandpa with tropical fish like anglefish and he does that and it dosent kill the fish

Mckitrick said:
If take a gallon pitcher and fill it with tapwater and let it sit for aprox. A week or so will the clorine evaporate when the water dosent i have a grandpa with tropical fish like anglefish and he does that and it dosent kill the fish

You could do that, but not all of the contaminants evapoporate from the water. So, the chlorine will be gone, but there are still lots of other bad things in the water that are not good. I've read that if you want to make it completely safe, it's gotta sit out like a month, but not sure on that one

If just pick up a bottle of Prime. It's probably a lot better for the fish.

Ok thanks but if i think about it my gpa lets it sit for at least a month

Mckitrick said:
Ok thanks but if i think about it my gpa lets it sit for at least a month

Letting water sit for a month isn't a viable option IMO, say you need to do a rapid water change? Can't put that off for a month LOL!!

I'd say invest in seachem Prime or something similar, it saves so much effort and you don't have to worry :)

Last edited:
Id get prime. I have 3 5g jugs that I let sit in my room. I have bubbles going in all 3 to airate the water. I get really bad with changes sometimes and it sits for awhile.

Back
Top Bottom