Waves in my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Robbiesamp

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Ow do I make a wave in my tank I have 4 power heads and a pulse timer is this possible to make a nice little wave

You have to buy a small moon and atmosphere..lol jk

There is a type of powerhead named a "wavemaker." maybe you should look into that!

Im not really sure why you would though..seems like alot of flow! It would be really cool though

I have it's a lot of money something I don't have right now lol

Robbiesamp said:
I have it's a lot of money something I don't have right now lol

Well maybe if you bought several strong powerheads, and hooked them up near the top, and to a timer so that they turned and off in several seconds?

Robbiesamp said:
I have a 10 sec timer but that's it

It all depends what you want. That wont really make a wave then, but it will be a short strong current/water movement

Yea I guess but I don't want to go out and pay 500 bucks for a power head and I hear there is cheaper ways out there but I don't know

Actually in a 50 gallon mp10's would work. Or one mp 40. I have an mp10 and the flow does not compare to any other power head.

However they are expensive but well worth it in my opinion. Basically in order to make a wave with 4 powerheads you will need a timer capable of 2 sec. Switches. 2 ph's on each side of the tank time to alternate at 1-10sec intervals. However, most powerhead are not designed to switch on and off repeatedly, they will break in time unless designed for it. Also the wave effect will not compare to other products like waveboxes and vortechs that you might be seeing.

Back
Top Bottom