Weak Stock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

adadkins1

Aquarium Advice Addict
This is really just a thread for everybody to vent your anger with this subject.

I remember about 5 years ago I purchased a betta and kept it in sub-standard conditions and he lived until the beginning of this year. Now I buy one from a great LFS and it has had fin rot for over a month!:banghead:

We had an absolutely beautiful GBR. Brought him home and he fit right in. Water conditions were pristine, all conditions ideal and other fish compatible. "Remy" would follow us around the tank and turn to the side to show us how pretty he was, lol.

He did fantastic for about a week and a half...then he just stopped eating and hid in the bushes. A few days later I buried him in the rose garden :-(. I'll never know exactly what happened to him...just weak stock I guess. I normally don't get too attached to fish, but it was heartbreaking especially for my girl who was in love with him. I should have known better than to get him from the LFS, but I gave it a shot. I learned my lesson that any future purchases will come from AA members or reputable breeders.

Similar story to eco23. I got a bolivian ram and she was perfect, swimming around, coming to the front and top of the tank, pushing the tetras out of the way to eat XD. Then after a week she stayed in the corner, and died after a day or two of hiding. Water was perfect.

I just got a GBR and wasn't hopeful because of their bad rep, but he seems way more hardy than my bolivian was.

Back
Top Bottom