Weather loaches got fin rot?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishy.friend

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello,

I have received 3 fishes for free but I did not have a quarantine tank big enough to support them. So I took a risk and put them in my 35 gallon tank and moved around a couple of my Platy. The weather loach I am worried about has looked that way since I had him so I thought nothing of it just that he might be a runt. I kinda really fell in love with those loaches. I have been taking care of them for almost two weeks now. My platies all seem fine and so does the angel fish (the third free fish). I have given him food with kanaplex mixed in. He swims to the top to take air and then settles down, just like my second one. Should I continue with the kanaplex ? Any suggestions?
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428791349.940064.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428791384.611984.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428791072.209908.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428791403.660640.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Fin rot is a sign of weakened immune system or infection.
Parameters?
Does the fish have:
- Milky White around the fins

- Black and/or brown fin edges

- Frayed or ragged fin edges

- Degeneration of fin membrane

- Inflamed, red fin bases

- Entirely or partly rotten away fins

Causes:
- Poor water quality

- Incorrect diet

- Injury or other disease

- Bacterial or parasitic infection weakening immune system

I'd check parameters, report back and then do a WC. Keep treating with what your using.

I had done a WC earlier. Now my parameters are

Ammonia 0 ppm
Nitrite 0 ppm
Nitrate 20 ppm
pH 7.2
Temp 78 but my heater seems to be acting up because I had it set to 69.

He has practically no fins left. He has white spots on his face milky white film over his left eye the right eye looks caved in and also has a milky white film over it. Though taking a closer look new fin seems to start growingImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1428801564.527685.jpg

What have you been feeding? How often? It may be wise to pick up some parasitic, or bacterial medication.

Back
Top Bottom