Weird film in brackish tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LaWoWee

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anybody know whats growing on the wood in my 20 gal brackish tank?

Attachments

• image-2025181255.jpg
    image-2025181255.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 97
Are you still cycling? Looks like the slime I got on my DW when I was cycling my BW tank. I just used my brush and net to clean it out and before my cycle finised it was gone.

No. I actually added this wood branch after my tank finished cycling. I added pieces of DW at the same time and they are still clean. Doesnt seem to be doing any harm so im just going to clean it of during the next WC.

LaWoWee said:
No. I actually added this wood branch after my tank finished cycling. I added pieces of DW at the same time and they are still clean. Doesnt seem to be doing any harm so im just going to clean it of during the next WC.

Yep, that'll work. I didn't find it had any ill effects to my tank and it went away pretty fast. What's going into you tank? I have a pair of GSP and they're the cutest little things.

Mr. Limpet said:
Yep, that'll work. I didn't find it had any ill effects to my tank and it went away pretty fast. What's going into you tank? I have a pair of GSP and they're the cutest little things.

I currently have a baby gsp in there and 2 baby bumble bee gobies. Im planning to upgrade his tank in about a year when he starts growing bigger. Hes really happy right now even though the SG is only at 1.004. Gonna have him at .006 by the end of the week.

Back
Top Bottom