Weird little worms?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knutsen1122

Aquarium Advice Freak
Does anyone know what these tiny white worms on the glass near the water line are, and if they are harmful to my fish?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1408415246.450082.jpg

I had those in my tank once, I never noticed my fish acting any different while they where there, but I'm not sure if they harm them or not. I do know that they are VERY hard to get rid of... I tried salt, water changes, buying fish to eat them, a million parasite medications... Nothing worked, hope you have better luck than me, mine came after I added a pleco to my tank

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Honestly, they made me really frustrated. I never did figure out what they where, I just know that they never completely went away, I stopped adding fish to that tank and eventually just pulled it down once all the fish where moved, one or two would move with the fish but they where just eaten. Salt worked the best for me, I just couldn't use a lot because it would irritate the pleco.

I'm kinda interested to see if anyone else has dealt with these and what they are as well. I never noticed my fish acting different when they where in the tank, but I still wonder if they where harmed by them

Probably just micro worms. Fish eat them sometimes. Wouldn't worry about them.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I had something similar to this in my tank and was told on here that they are planaria and they feed on excess detritus in the substrate. When the population explodes like that you need to step up your water changes and they'll go away

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

No, just a pair of HRP's. I'm thinking that it might be the substrate that I recently added. It was recycled from an old tank that sat for a bit and may not have been cleaned well enough.

That's probably where they came from, they can live in ridiculous conditions. If you don't have a pleco or any other tender fish then, it should make getting rid of them easier. I had to be careful what i used because a lot of things bother plecos

Mine didn't, my guppies and tetras ate them for like 2 days then have up and watched them swim by without even trying.

I had these for a little while, and they eventually went away. Didn't see my fish eating them much, and didn't change anything, so not sure how i did it

Back
Top Bottom