Wet dry filter problems....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dlparker514

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i just set up a 55 gallon tank with a proclear aquatic systems wet/dry filter and i cant seem to get the siphon to work in the overflow box. assuming i have everything hooked up right it should pull the water through the "U" shaped tube correct?

Attachments

• IMG_0070.JPG
    IMG_0070.JPG
    137.4 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_0071.JPG
    IMG_0071.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0072.JPG
    IMG_0072.JPG
    164.1 KB · Views: 109
Right, but the water has to flow in order to get the siphon to work. The best way is to suck it like a straw. If you don't want to use your mouth, use a wet/dry vacuum.

i use a piece of airline tubing and run it up inside the J tube. fill the overflow and the surface skimmer box with water and then suck the air out of the tube. it should start then (providing your return pump is on).

There has to be water in both the tank side skimmer box and the outflow box. Take a cup and pour it into the outside box then put the airlinr into the J-tube and suck. I use a long tube and rarely get water in my mouth. I guess I am used to it now though.

I looked at your pic. There should be a baffle in the box or the outlet needs a riser tube. The bottom of the J tube needs to be under water, or no siphon.

Back
Top Bottom