wet dry question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
a normal sized protein skimmer wont work in a FW tank as the surface tension on FW is not high enough.

Wet dry filters heavily oxygenate the water and strip Co2 which is not what you want to do for plants. The plants use the Co2 and you want them to be the source of oxygen in the system. Also, a lot of turbulance at the surface is not good either.

I have always had best results with cannister filters on planted tanks, no power heads or air pumps etc.

If it weren't for the plants I would say go for the wet dry. They are great if your dealing with a large tank and big fish such as chichlids, gold fish etc.

Wet dry filters heavily oxygenate the water and strip Co2 which is not what you want to do for plants. The plants use the Co2 and you want them to be the source of oxygen in the system. Also, a lot of turbulance at the surface is not good either.

I have always had best results with cannister filters on planted tanks, no power heads or air pumps etc.

If it weren't for the plants I would say go for the wet dry. They are great if your dealing with a large tank and big fish such as chichlids, gold fish etc.

Wet dry filters heavily oxygenate the water and strip Co2 which is not what you want to do for plants.
Woops! absolutely correct on that point. Guess its obvious that the only plants that survive in my tank are in the Polyvinylus Chloridis family :wink:

Back
Top Bottom