what about a wrasse?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RMPD109

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am trying to figure out a new addition to my tank. currently have two O. Clowns in QT. I planned on purple firefish but I took of my glass top so they would not work. The new plan is possibly a wrasse. The problemis they are also known for jumping. Anyone know of a wrasse that does not jump?

I like the labouts fairy and red velvet but of course the bio says they are jumpers. What about the six line or carpenters flasher wrasses?

All fish are potential jumpers, it's best to plan in that direction than hoping to get the right ones that aren't prone to it. Can you post a good pic showing the top area of your tank? Mabye there a few good suggestions looming around to help. Eggcrate is usually the best choice.

Before you decide on which wrasse to get, I would think about other additions that you might want in regards to decorative crustaceans. If you wish to add any of those, your choices are norrowed down quite a bit. Larger wrasses are definately out as well due to tank size (29 gal) and flasher/carpenters do poorly solo.

Cheers
Steve

I love my Sixline, but if I were you I would wait before adding him. He's aggresive towards any new fish for the first week or so, and particularly aggressive towards other wrasses.

I would start with some some of Fairy wrasse now and add a Sixline later.

Six line wrasses are very nice and i've had them with a pair of my clowns b4 and they were all best pals

pumakrieg- I know they are compatible but I need one that one jump. As I stated in the original post I removed the glass top to improve oxygen exchange and want something that I dont need to worry about carpet surfing. Any ideas?

Back
Top Bottom