What are these worm/slug things?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrpope

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was looking at the glass today and noticed these new little guys muncing on algea. They are not pods for sure, but I cant figure out what they are. They are to small for my camera to pic up (need a better camera) but I can describe as best as I can.
They are about 1mm in size, although some are bigger than others. They inch along thy glass like a slug crwls. The body looks to be two parts: 1. a mouththat opens and closes when they move (each move looks like a bite) and, 2. a tail that slides along behind, but its split.
Anyways heres a drawing I made (attachment)

Not really. They will come and go according to your copod population. That's what they are eating. When I had hair algae real bad, that's where mine hung out munching on pods. I got rid of the algae and no longer see the worms.

oh, so they are eating the one thing I just got more of. Great. Does anybody know how they get introduced into the tank. Is it more commonly from LR or macroalgaes? Those are the only 2 additions I can attribute this to because this tank is over a year old, and this is the first time they have been around.

I never added any macro to my tank so mine came from the live rock. I would assume yours did as well.

Hopefully someone else will come by and help you with getting rid of them. I didn't do anything to get rid of mine. I only seen a couple and they seem to have gone away on their own.

Back
Top Bottom