what are these??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ohio Cichlids

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
p18b.jpg

holy crap, those poor things

they do look like a type of cichlid but they look so sick i cant by looks alone :?

They all look stressed.. but I seem to think the majiority are SA cichlids.. I think one of the types is the green terror..

That's not as bad as when I went to my other lfs which has nothing but guppies and....I forget what the name of the fish is but it's the one that was Dory in Finding Nemo and they were trying to sell it and it had like a bite hole in it's side...

T__T poor fishies

usually a local fish stores aquarium is overcrowded, i mean, i agree that those tank conditions are terrible, but they get shipments in and they sell out and the local fish store i go to has what most people would call a crowder tank, but they change the water on a daily basis, there has not been a time ive gone in there and the guy hasn't been cleaning tanks. youve gotta remember that most of the fish in the LFS aren't going to be there for more than a week (at least at the store where i shop) they get weekly shipments in and order what will sell usually.

But those chiclids int hat tank do look very poorly taken care of.

ohio cichlids, the fish look like some species of malawi or victorian haplochromines (a broad umbrella goup). i don't have enough experience to identify them but you'll get better responses if you post in forums dedicated to cichlids.

as regards to condition, they look fine to me. the bland brown colored ones are the females, that coloration has nothing to do with their condition. the bluish ones are males of the same species. i don't know about the reddish ones. a large holding tank with three huge powerheads is perfect for housing them.

Question: How many koi can you keep in 10 gallons of water?
Answer: This many, as long as you have a 100 gallon tank to put them in!
Note: To avoid spillage, first fill the tank with koi, then slowly pour in water until they are all covered

Now thats just sad...

Wow, those fish, especially the koi, are amazingly overcrowded. It is amazing that I didn't see even one dead fish. Those koi are basically stuffed against the glass. crazy

Back
Top Bottom