What can a green terror mate with?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
View attachment 254376View attachment 254377

So I guess your wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You have to keep in mind that even the comment on the pic says "The ONLY known case of a hybrid...." That means that for the over 100+ years this fish has been kept in aquariums, a hybridization has happened ONCE. No wonder it's not a commonly known occurance.
As for hybrids being sterile, this is both true and not true. Some are and some aren't. You take your chances when creating hybrids that you can continue the line. Genetically speaking however, the fish is going to have stronger traits if not hybridized.

Hope this helps (y)

That looks like a standard blue acara to me so i would doubt the suggestion that a GT and Con have mated in that instance, or indeed that they would at all.
Ive certainly had examples of blue acaras and GT's in with Convicts and Sajicas and theres been absolutely no interest of that nature whatsoever.

Mind you, i was taken by surprise when my female Salvini and Male Sajica got rather friendly and i think a couple of cichlids where a bit surprised too when the female Salvini attempted to remove their faces when they swam too close.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice
Hey Fishy Smell this cracked me up only because I have tried to keep salvinis before and they are the biggest little jerks. One of my favorites!

Hey Fishy Smell this cracked me up only because I have tried to keep salvinis before and they are the biggest little jerks. One of my favorites!

She's pretty placid most of the time, i think i got lucky with her. I saw the potential when she was attempting to breed with Male Sajica though, and he's a notorious phycho as well so they made an impressive double team. Obviously i seperated them pretty quickly!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom