What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No need to rush: patience and research will make for a happier experience. I bet your children will love this. :)
They do love it. I'm not in a rush. Just wanted alittle more color and plecos to help with cleaning, and they are neat to watch. Should only be getting 2 of those.

Today the Big Daddy Biorb aquarium was taken down and is now Big Daddy Terrarium. The amazing part was the sand bed. No smell at all. Plants and snails kept it spotless and the UG sponges were allowing plenty of flow.

All the snails are in a bucket in the garage. Some will go into my Nursery. Most of the plants were taken to the LFS in exchange for $30 in credit. Kept a few bits of Anubias and Java fern starts. Down to 4 at home and 1 at work.

Worked on the nursery today. GSA taking over the Anubias with a vengeance. Removed it from the wood and moved to the shade. Did some PWC and took some pics while tanks gazing. IMG_1962.jpg

Snail 3some.

Did a 40% water change in my 36, water parameters were fine but he's not acting right, sorta lethargic and hovering around the top of the tank so trying that to help him

Long time no see.

CAS auction was today. I helped out mostly. Scouted for some bargains and missed a few while bidding and running stuff for bidder signatures.

Least stuff I have ever bought at a big CAS auction.
*$20 raffle tickets, (didn't even come close to the win :( )
*a double set of rocks each with purple/blue/reddish macroalgae on it $10. I have seen it before and is not easy to ID specifically, usually broadly called rhodophytes
*Large awesome Spiderwood DW

That's it - as far as the Auction was concerned but I stopped at a lfs which usually has a few interesting things.

Wanted to pick up some Neon Green Kubotai they were out of stock. They did have a Crinum calamistratum and after a bit of rationalization & talking myself into a 15.99 plant, I got it. About 7-8 leaves about 7" long.

Then went to a local box store looking for Rock Flower Anemones, and actually found one, a common type - milk chocolate color and a frost of white, with green and pink areas. Odd color I have never seen quite like it, intriguing.

It would not come off the rock had a perfect place in a deep crevice so I bought the rock too for a discount as well they were having a sale.

Ended up with about 6 maybe 7 small hermit crabs, blue legs for most of them as far as I can see. Thought they were snails, turned around and they has scampered off so only saw maybe 4 of them walking near me.

Then as I was waiting saw a Pom Pom Crab, so got that too.

And a Duncan frag with one large and 2 sprouting at the side.

Then went home after all the spare money was gone, and there weren't any other stores open. :lol:

Got things acclimated and set in the tank.

The SW 12G got everything except the Pom Pom went to the 6.6G with the female Pom Pom just in case it is a male and they can be friends.

Spiderwood was rinsed and thrown into the 72G to start soaking. Yipee -done!!

Last edited:
-Finally the heater arrived.
-Increase temp to 28°C
-Rosy barbs and others are doing fine!
-Now increasing temp to 30°C

Autumnsky you had an awesome day!

Yes, usually do when I get to do that!

Took more pics and loaded pics of the tanks!!!

Updated thread with lots of pics here
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...xt-shrimp-adventure-355165-3.html#post3473417

Here is a pic of the over crowded 72G, getting ready to get the 90G set up as a FW. Will likely change it to a SW down the road, but due to time issues and adding more to do like make SW and buy more stuff for a larger tank it will be FW.

This has the added plants, not even all of them yet...

60074-albums11380-picture71578.jpg

Big plant at the left is Aponogoton ulvaceus gentle wavy leaves
a potted Anubias Coffefolia in front of the Spiderwood
behind and to the right of the Spiderwood is the huge recent addition the Aponogeton Capuroni with the tight wavy leaves

At the large bottom root of the Spiderwood planted is the small Crinum calamistratum ~ 6" leaves

Behind that a particular Sword Plant maybe Kleiner Bar

Far right mid back corner is the Amazon Sword had 3 babies but one broke off so just 2 attached!

Still have all the plants from the nano fish tank I broke down, in 2 - 1G pitchers.

Here is the pic before all the stuff got thrown in the 72G
60074-albums11380-picture71571.jpg

Last edited:
More pics

PRL FTS
60074-albums14700-picture71577.jpg

Closer up
60074-albums14700-picture71576.jpg

Clown Loach
60074-albums11380-picture71565.jpg

SW nano 6.6G
Growing great
60074-albums14597-picture71552.jpg

SW nano 12G new additions pic
rock with Rock Flower Anemone, Duncan frag and Hermit crab which just looks like a shell
60074-albums14597-picture71553.jpg

"Rats" The handle of my favorite 5 gal. WC bucket broke off today. Used it for 19 yrs. Oh well, back to the farm and ranch supply store.

"Rats" The handle of my favorite 5 gal. WC bucket broke off today. Used it for 19 yrs. Oh well, back to the farm and ranch supply store.

:eek: That's incredible!!! I think you got your money's worth!

Turned down the PRL tank +temp, it was a tad warmer than I wanted, adjusted to 71F. Was 68-69ish so I moved it up to what I thought was 71F before but was warmer and said 72F. It seemed warmer so I will need to check my calibration.

My smallest Angelfish is a longfin and has been the odd fish out with the other two, it doesn't quite seem like they are a pair but the one fish doesn't like the smallest one at all and bothers it regularly.

Tonight I noticed a split in the tail of the smallest one and the others are looking fine and the water parameters are good so I might just move it for a little while, may need to rehome it. Since I added all the extra stuff into the tank in the last few days and last week, it might have made them all a little more unsettled and stressed.

It can be moved to the 46G for this week but likely getting that tank shut down soon.

More inconveniences! Hoping to get the 90G up this next weekend. For a little bit it can go in there.

Only a huge aquarium nerd gets excited about getting new rocks...

Speaking of, I was super excited today to get some dragon stone for my tiny little 3g desktop tank today. I bought 10 lbs with the plans of hammering it into smaller pieces. Suffice to say the big piece is too nice to break apart and bigger than the tank. The little pieces look great too, but are still too big.

xQm9wfZ.jpg

Only a huge aquarium nerd gets excited about getting new rocks...

Speaking of, I was super excited today to get some dragon stone for my tiny little 3g desktop tank today. I bought 10 lbs with the plans of hammering it into smaller pieces. Suffice to say the big piece is too nice to break apart and bigger than the tank. The little pieces look great too, but are still too big.

xQm9wfZ.jpg
Oh, Man! I like them! Very nice!

I cleaned out my canister filter today for the first time and replaced my polishing pad. Noticed my fish were starting to act funny. And looking alittle cloudy. Washed the glass down, vacuumed gravel, washed up everything in the tank. Did a water change. Everything looks much better. So clear! Noticed when I was cleaning everything in my canister there was alot of little black stuff coming off everything. Not good! Much better now though.

Mebbid
Nice looking rocks. I wouldn't break them up.

V227, fellow rock nerd.

Oh man, finding rocks is my downfall. A couple weeks ago I was up in the mountains at a job and I found some rocks I just couldn’t let sit there... so my backpack was about 20 pounds heavier than the start of the day...

Yup, rock nerd here too.

Once I purchased about ~70 Petrified Wood Stones from a moving sale from someone who was retiring and going RVing so I said yeah I will buy all the stones and there were just a few things on the table but he said there were a bunch more in the back yard.

When we went to the back, they lined the length of the garage in the back yard and also a long part of the back fence :) He later said, wow, I didn't realize there were so many! And I got a good deal. Plus I like to grab a rock when I see a good one and I am out traveling!

Very nice Dragon Stone.

Think I settled on a final scale after smashing a couple rocks up, and man this dragon stone is full of mud...

Also, here is the rock I absolutely refused to smash. Will likely use it in my hex tank when it's ready.

k1HNRqu.jpg

1eqWRIS.jpg

Back
Top Bottom