What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Checked on new fish in both tanks . I had one of the smallest platy fry die so I too it out and tested both tanks and both tanks were good

I just realize one of my yellow lab fry was born with out a tail. He is now one of my favorites because he is funny to watch.

54seaweed could you name out the sizes of your tanks and some pics?

The first link is to my 37g bowfront

February 2013 Tank of the Month: 54seaweed's 37 Gallon Mixed Reef

This link is to my 40b build still need to do a lot of updateing

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...-a-241983.html

and a recent pict of it

img_2724068_0_a1b3eb9f3a8d05fa26e508dd7625e531.jpg

and here's my all my tanks 20L , 35g hex , 37g bow , 30g , 40b ,

I will try to get the build tread updated soon (y)

Long Hard Day. Sunday 17th.

45 litre -16 +20

120 litre +38 +10ml flora boost.

Puffer +5

750 litre +200

Euthanise 2 black neons H. Herbertaxelrodi. Suspect NTD, anti bac/anti par no effect. Symptoms worse if anything over treatment course. Other fish ok or improvement except one Cory Paleatus.

Night feed joy.

had in ammonia break out recently from over feeding / stocking ! pumped out 75% water and cleaned rocks! put everybody back and theyre back to bein happy !

Attachments

• image-3611025756.jpg
    image-3611025756.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 82
Tested the cycling 20 long and the two Ns were off the charts! Ammonia was 0 though :D. Boiled up two giant rocks i found at the swamp and the 2nd is waiting for tommarow in the driveway. The 20 long is as clear as ever for some reason lol

image-1869233379.jpg

Lots of maintenance. A 50% water change on the 20G, took some of the chain swords and planted them in the new 5.5G as well as got a new piece of driftwood covered in windelov java fern. When I did the water change on 20G I did some filter maintenance as well as cleaned the glass. Everything is looking good now. Long day though lol

Sundays are my PWC days. Cleaned up the tank on the outside, did testings, added vitamins. So all my fishies are happy happy happy and ready for the week!

Lots of maintenance. A 50% water change on the 20G, took some of the chain swords and planted them in the new 5.5G as well as got a new piece of driftwood covered in windelov java fern. When I did the water change on 20G I did some filter maintenance as well as cleaned the glass. Everything is looking good now. Long day though lol

Happy to know that the 5g is coming along nicely!

Had this brilliant idea to move everything in the 28g Bowfront & move it into a free 50g I just got. (Those bowfronts mess with my vision). Took all day of course, was questioning my decision several times thru out the process . But, all done & no fatalities so far! Even my little, I mean teeny , shrimp babies.

image-731555206.jpg

Attachments

• image-731567185.jpg
    image-731567185.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 92
Well todayyyyy i got a purple tang! When i put him in he imediatly started socializing with all the other tank mates. Come feeding time he was out competing for food with everyone.
The cool thing that happened is that before i put him in my hippo and sailfin tang didnt eat the macro algae. But when i put him in they saw him eating the algae and decided they liked it too. With in a half hour all of the tangs were eating the algae together.

I have a 90 gallon tank and i know that three tangs is pushing it but they are all fine with each other.

Attachments

• image-2237093165.jpg
    image-2237093165.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 82
  • image-709078947.jpg
    image-709078947.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 102
Had to separate tailless (firemouth) from my other fish. kept instigating fights and finally outdid himself. Was hidden all day Saturday and was not happy. Good thing I had another tank sitting around suitable for him!!

Did a 40 % change on 20 long tank said goodbye to one dwarf rainbow fish still have two left and also flushed one cardinal tetra still have 4 and the 6 baby harlequin rasboras are doing great did a water test everything's good ph is little high at 7.2

Before work this morning i rearranged all my power outlets so i had my filters on the one power board and my lights just connected to an extension chord with a timer and double adapter attached. Fed both Comets and went to work.

I stopped at the LFS on the way home from work and bought a couple of ramshorn snails to add as a clean up crew. I wanted to buy a Kuhli loach which had just come into the shop but i know nothing about them so i just left with snails.

Got home, did 50% water change on both 20g. Added a snail to each tank. I also brushed a little brown algea off 1/3 of my ludwigia and maybe 2 stems of Cabomba before i decided i have snails to do it now. Replanted everything that my big comet had torn out today :fish2:

Insecticide bombed the house as spiders getting bad. All fish in the main tank and QT doing well so far after taking covers off.

Back
Top Bottom