what do clown fish eat?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Frogspawn

Aquarium Advice Freak
i have been feeding my clown ORAGLO pellets and some mysis shrip . but i see him eat the pellets and then spit them back out and let them fall to the bottom same as for the mysis shrimp also. but i see him pecking at the LR alot like hes eating the little white bugs mabey. he not scaching or anything and my little coral also is doing great. he never stops pulsing lol he so cool looking. well once in a while when a hermit trys to bother it its curls up in a tight ball but thats it. is this normal for clowns? also i want to get a little buddy for my clown what could i get him? coral wise? or something? or is it too soon?
also i wanted to add i bought some red seaweed sheet alage. and i also have a little clown clip for it too :) and i cant seem to get him to eat off it? any hints on trying to get him to eat that too. he has to get all his vitamins lol

Clowns need meat and greens. Feeding a variety of flake, frozen, pellets, and/or homemade blender mush is best. Getting it to eat seaweed from a clip may be tough. I would suggest instead feeding a food for omnivores and herbivores such as Ocean Nutrition Formula 2. That would round out the diet pretty well.

I always suggest variety. They wont eat the seaweed selects. But there are many things out there. Like Flake, Mysis, Brine, emerald entree and blender mush as MT stated. But as I said variety is the key.

Just as importantly, do not forget the dietary suppliments such as Zoe, Selcon or Vita-Chem. Garlic is also helpful.

as lando suggested, try soaking the food in garlic. you can buy garlic extreme, or just use palin ole garlic juice. i had some clowns that wouldnt eat anything but flake, then i put some garlic on, and BAM (emeril) they gobbled it up!

Back
Top Bottom