What do you think of my ten gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What do you think about my ten gallon tank?

• It's cool.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It's impossible. Can't work.

• I'd like a tank like that.

• Your a moron and shouldn't keep fish.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lance M.

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just wanted people to look at my ten gallon tank and see if they think there are any problems with it.....

I don't like the poll options

there should be one that says "Your tank seems overstocked and ur schooling fish should have more buddys"

Because it *can* be done.. it just *shouldn't* be done
*nod*

if u have enough plants and filtration...and keep up with the water changes, things can be kept in check...
only thing to fear is that a small tank and a large population is a breeding ground for stress-related diseases...
u could give the bigger fishes away...the sae, the pleco and the cats...and it'll be a better place to live... :) ...

I would move everyone out of that tank except:
2-3 of each snail variety
5 Cory cats
2 ghost shrimp
3 white cloud minnows (add 2 or 3 more to make a nice school)

With the "left over" fish you could have 1 or 2 other complete community set ups of 30g + each!!! 8O

* Some of those fish have very different temp./water preferences...and some of them will eventually grow too big for even a 30g.

The question is not whether they can be physically crammed into a 10g tank, but rather, what is the healthiest, happiest "home" I can make for these animals? (aside from their natural habitat, of course)

Sorry if I seem harsh.....just trying to encourage responsible and considerate fish keeping. :wink:

smallfry said:
* Some of those fish have very different temp./water preferences...and some of them will eventually grow too big for even a 30g.

The question is not whether they can be physically crammed into a 10g tank, but rather, what is the healthiest, happiest "home" I can make for these animals? (aside from their natural habitat, of course)

Sorry if I seem harsh.....just trying to encourage responsible and considerate fish keeping. :wink:

Agreed and well stated!

Sorry, i had to go with number two on the poll options. You are way overstocked, so buy yourself a bigger tank or return 2/3 of your fish.

that tank could work for a while...... my 10 gallon is overstocked: but every fish has its niche, i have top school, middle school, and the bottom feeder / independant fish:

My only concern is your dojo loach,, as i have 5 , but they are all in my 90 gallon, and they are monsterous pigs of loaches, they are all around 4 - 6 inches, so he NEEEDs a new home, becaause they commonly reach 10 inches, and can get to 19

and if you like fish that much, just look for a used 20 gallon long, alot of your fish will be happier, and it wont be so overstocked then :mrgreen:

My concern is in the stocking aswell, You have about 400% load on that tank, even if you have 400% filtration, the water will be unstable.

Best return some fish, or get a bigger tank as stated above in all posts.

Ticking time bomb. Although it may be working now, it's not gonna work long term.

i am only concerned that your tank will crash and your fish are going to suffer in the end

do you have plans for a bigger tank is that the reason for all of the fish?
good luck

Lol. I was bored when I posted this. Update-

added-
2- White clouds
1- vampire shrimp

The dojo is 6.5 inches long
SAE = 5
Farlowella = 5
Spotted raphael= 5.5 (adult)
Striped raphael= 3 (gets 8 inches)

Took out my amazon sword and added anubias, cypts.- willisi and wendtii bronze var.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom