what else could i buy??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DanS180

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have $60 off my next purchase at my LFS, what else could I buy for my 180G Discus tank that I haven't bought discus for yet lol i don't wanna buy the discus from the store bc they don't look too hot.

Any ideas???

Well, to make suggestions on what else to purchase we would have to know what you already have. ;)

IMO, if you feel your hardware is adequate then save that credit for when you buy the fish, Discus are not cheap.

blert said:
Well, to make suggestions on what else to purchase we would have to know what you already have. ;)

IMO, if you feel your hardware is adequate then save that credit for when you buy the fish, Discus are not cheap.

Yes this is true lol here's what i have

15 rummynose tetras
6 red phantom tetras
3 Cory paleatus
2 Cory aggissizi
1 zebra botia
2 German blue rams
1 rubber nose pleco
1 bristlenose pleco
3 assassin snails

8 different plants
-4 crypt spiralis
-1 Java fern
-1 anacharis
-1 jungle val
-1 some other val

Might wanna add more plants but not sure yet, I have sand substrate, enough filtration and sufficient lighting

I don't wanna buy the discus from the LFS bc like I said they are very small and all are in OK-poor condition and wayyyy over priced

Ideas???? I'm bored sitting at home right now lol

You could just stock up on any consumables you know you're going to eventually need.

Food, carbon (if you use it in your filter), test kit (if you're low), water conditioner, aquatic plant fertilizer (if you use it).... as just a few examples.

Ok, none of those things have the 'fun' factor to them, but stocking up for free is fun, no?

RussellC said:
You could just stock up on any consumables you know you're going to eventually need.

Food, carbon (if you use it in your filter), test kit (if you're low), water conditioner, aquatic plant fertilizer (if you use it).... as just a few examples.

Ok, none of those things have the 'fun' factor to them, but stocking up for free is fun, no?

Yeah I hear ya lol but the one thing is I'm gonna have to buy enough to cover the $60 off the first time I purchase stuff, it's a discount by the store not a credit that I can use til it's done.

I really don't need any consumables... I've had this tank set up for a month now and everything other than the filter media was brand new(biomax).

So i have no idea what else I could buy :/

Any other fish i could put in this tank?? or do you think i am already stocked well enough considering i havent bought any Discus yet???

How about more Botias ( loaches). Or you could get a small set up to be used as a quarantine tank.

i thought of the loaches, its a possibility, and as for a quarantine tank, i have a 10g tank setup right now, but i wanted to get something bigger for the initial batch of Discus that i buy and keep the 10G for future purchases.

I can go to Petco bc they are having the $1 per gallon sale but my main problem is i have no place for another fish tank so i might have to make due with just having the 10G :/

More plants!!!
Fertilizers for said plants.
A back up filter and/or a back up heater in case something gets borked.
Parts to repair your current filter system.
Light bulbs.

More plants!!!
Fertilizers for said plants.
A back up filter and/or a back up heater in case something gets borked.
Parts to repair your current filter system.
Light bulbs.

More plants i will probably get, but im new to plants so i dont wanna bite off more than i can chew, ive never had fertilizers so i know nothing about that. My filters are okay, or better be, i have 2 Fluval FX5s, brand new 500w titanium heater. Light bulbs could be an option :)

Back
Top Bottom