what fish can be kept with RCS?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

killifish lover

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i need something common i can find at an LFS. would dwarf gouramis, honey gouramis, guppies, green neon tetras, neon tetras, or something else COMMON work?

I think most things with a small mouth and a mild temperament would work. Also maybe think about how most tetras are shoalers or school fish ( I forget ). Make sure your tank is long enough to occupy there need to swim naturally.

killifish lover said:
like what exactly?

There's like hundreds of kinds...

You don't really have to worry about it. Just make sure its not aggressive and give them places to hide. This is especially important when they molt

i need something common i can find at an LFS. would dwarf gouramis, honey gouramis, guppies, green neon tetras, neon tetras, or something else COMMON work?
Personally, I have guppies with ghost shrimp and never had an issue. Some dg do fine with shrimp, other kill them. However, this can be lessened if the shrimp have a place to hide. Some bettas also get along with shrimp, but some anhilate the shrimp. It does depend on the fish. But, none of my guppies have ever bothered my ghosties.

It all depends on the fish. Your beat bet is gonna be trial and error because no 2 fish will be the same. All kinds of variables should be taken into effect for example. Where the fish originated, how it was raised, water conditions, other tank mates, and tank size are a few things that play a role in fish temperament. All fish have different characteristics so just pick one and try it out and if it doesn't work take them back to your lfs for a new one.

You can't judge a fish by its name!!!!

i heard that neon tetras never eat red cherry shrimps nor bother them

aa108 said:
i heard that neon tetras never eat red cherry shrimps nor bother them

I have a 10g and a 40g with neons and ghost shrimp. Neons only get about an inch long and have never eaten a single shrimp. They occasionaly look at them or go try and nip the shrimp but the shrimp attacks the neon with no harm done

IME all these fish do fine with shrimp. Almost anything will eat the baby shrimp though, of course, they are soo tiny when they hatch. The gourami's would be the biggest risk, but I have never seen any of the few dwarf gourami's I have owned bothering a shrimp.

Back
Top Bottom