What fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Easton33

Aquarium Advice Regular
Getting a new tank and can't decide what to do. I really don't want anything that is able to go with coral ( already have a reef tank, and I'd be tempted to waste more money on coral.) I was thinking of a few choices.... 1. Dwarf Angel Tank 2. Toby Puffer Tank with Snowflake Eel 3. Lionfish Tank with Snowflake Eel 4. Angler Tank

Opinions? I want something that will really amaze people!

I loved my Snowflake Eel, until I had to catch him. Both Lion Fish and Eels usually have to be fed by hand. Not with your hand! Use a feeding stick or other device. They will need a 50 gallon or larger aquarium depending on the species.

Between 25-40g. Haven't decided yet. With the snowflake, it would probably grow out pretty quick, unfortunately. My main problem is deciding between the angler,lion,puffer,or angels. Really shooting for a smaller tank (25g).

Easton33 said:
Between 25-40g. Haven't decided yet. With the snowflake, it would probably grow out pretty quick, unfortunately. My main problem is deciding between the angler,lion,puffer,or angels. Really shooting for a smaller tank (25g).

In a 35 gallon tank you cant keep an eel, lion, or a puffer. You could get away with one small angler.. Thats it.

Nu-Nu the eel said:
In a 35 gallon tank you cant keep an eel, lion, or a puffer. You could get away with one small angler.. Thats it.

^yep

Maybe one dwarf angel and a few small nano fish like damsels, gobies, clowns etc. Fish need space, they get stressed, are more susceptible to disease and infection and become more aggressive and territorial. 55g minimum i would say if you want any of those combinations, and even that is on the smaller side of ok.

Well I know fu man chu Lions can go in 30g and small toby puffers can go in 25g.

Not sure where your getting that info but its not incredible accurate. If you had no other fish in a 30 gal then maybe but not with other fish of similar size will co-exist in a that small a tank.

Advised lionfish/puffer 55g minimum. Anything small and your success rate it gonna get small and problems will occur. They need territory or they get aggressive. My advice but the choice is yours.

Oh! You must have misunderstood! I was just going to do one puffer in the whole tank and stop, or just one lionfish. I wasn't going to include anything else.

Well just one would be reasonable i imagine. Still has the possibility of becoming stressed or outgrow the tank so just keep an eye on it. But i wouldnt add anything else or youll likely have problems. Bigger fish eat alot and poo alot so nutrient could be a battle in a 30g tank just fyi.

Back
Top Bottom