What/How to feed a Yellow Watchman Goby???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Patroklos

Aquarium Advice Freak
So, this is my second attempt at keeping this fish. The first time I got a small one (1") and he made a burrow and I never saw him again. Never came out for feeding, never took the food I left in from of his burrow. After a week I declared him KIA, my first fish loss. :(

Last week I decided to try again. The LFS had a health 3" one that I figured would be much easier to track (and I was right). I see him do a lap around the tank about once a day, but he decided to burrow behind my rock work. I left a good 1"-2" of space between the rock and glass so I would always have access, but it is annoying.

Anyway, its been almost a week and he hasn't eaten anything. I assume he could be finding stuff to eat on his own but I would rather not rely on that. Right now I feed my tank inhabitants a little flake food (usually for the sake of guests), a frozen carnivore preparation, mysis shrimp, and nori (for the tangs). I offer the flakes on the surface of course, but feed the mysis and carnivore prep via a syringe. I have shot the food at the YWG while he swims, and just outside his burrow when he is in there. Is the right way to go about this or am I missing something?

If it's a new addition to your tank I would wait 24-48 hr before feeding him. They just need time to acclimate to there surroundings. If he's hungry he'll feed.

i have the same problem with my yellow face goby (2nd attempt)
it is day 2, and not much movement

ill keep you informed
MP

i have a goby and ship pair. a yellow watchmen goby. i feed him brine or mysis shrimp with a little coral food feeder. i suck the food up in it and then place it in the water near the cave and feed they come running out. even the goby will eat right out of the feeder like a baby sucking on a bottle haha

Back
Top Bottom