What is going on in my tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wishin4warm

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a 30 gallon I believe tank that has a silver female Molly, a black male Molly and a mystery snail. My Molly had fry about 2 weeks ago. Something went wrong in my tank and my ratings went off the charts. I noticed when all my babies died within a few hours. I was able to save my two adults, my snail and one baby. I don't remember the numbers anymore but I ended up doing probably about a 75 % water change and cleaned the tank well. Treated my water and put everyone back in. I did notice my black Molly seemed to get poked by something but I can't find out exactly what. He had a white area on his side a day or so later but it seems to be clearing up but he's still kind of lethargic. I also noticed my silver has a bump on her lip but she seems to be acting normal. Tonight when I got home I noticed this weird fuzz stuff growing in the tank. I plan on doing a good cleaning tomorrow but figured I might see if anyone knows what it is.

Attachments

• 20170629_225023.jpg
    20170629_225023.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 58
+1 on decaying food. I have seen the same thing in my tank while I had a few pieces of food that I missed when I was vacuuming.

Pshew that I can deal with! Thank you! I was hoping it wasn't anything serious again . I had never seen this before and Google always tells you it's the end of the world! Lol this tank is stressing me out. I hate losing fish. I swear this is the hardest tank set up I've ever had!

Not a problem at all. What kind of setup do you have going on? Hopefully we can help you keep the losses to a bare minimum. Don't hesitate to post up any questions in the future.

Decaying food is a sure ammonia hit. Try cutting how much you feed in half. It's amazing how little food fish actually need.

Wishin4warm - I'm wondering how everything worked out for you? I have had a tank for about 18 months and recently it has been a death trap despite perfect parameters.

I came across this thread because I have those white fuzz spots, too, which I had never had before my fish started dying. You also mentioned a white spot - which I had seen on one of my tetras. Did the rest of your fish do okay without treatmetn?

Back
Top Bottom