What is going on?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Were back at square one. Anna your life would be soooo much easier to re home and re stock.

I have a Sunsun 703b 370gph with UV on a 29g tank. Loaded with sponges and biomedia. I never see any ammonia. Even when I completely redid the tank after Christmas and removed all the substrate. No mini cycle or bacteria bloom. This girl swears by her biomedia.

Rehome and restock compatible fish for your tank like 10 bleeding heart tetras and be done with it

I have a Sunsun 703b 370gph with UV on a 29g tank. Loaded with sponges and biomedia. I never see any ammonia. Even when I completely redid the tank after Christmas and removed all the substrate. No mini cycle or bacteria bloom. This girl swears by her biomedia.
I just did a full gravel change with 2 AC 110'S and had no mini cycle which I was petrified of, whew I'm glad I didn't lol

I only have 1 Kribensis so no breeding will be going on and I was told that Celebes rainbows would fine in a pair and a horseface loach will fine in my tank. I hate that I've gotten nothing but wrong info since starting this hobby. I'm about ready to give up.

Cause your going to a fish store that wants to just sell you anything to get money

You have a nice tank its not like end of the world. You can now re do it. Add those plants and have whole new experience.

Go to a reputable lfs besides the one you are going to, look up their ratings see if they will take your fish in for store credit, but first ask them one simple question, ask them this, what loach is compatible for a 20 gallon tank? Call them on the phone and ask them before you waste your time. If they tell you all pick a different store.

Go to a reputable lfs besides the one you are going to, look up their ratings see if they will take your fish in for store credit, but first ask them one simple question, ask them this, what loach is compatible for a 20 gallon tank? Call them on the phone and ask them before you waste your time. If they tell you all pick a different store.

The one I got the loach from is a reputable lfs. It has great reviews on Facebook and Google and 4.6/5 stars.

Think of it this way if the fish are healthy loaches go for big money for store credit to a reputable store, go all natural live plants, rock, Drift wood and just start out with a school of tetras/danios

Most fish stores will tell/sell you anything. It's not like they're there to make friends and talk about fish, they're there to make a living. It's up to you as the buyer to make an informed decision before purchasing fish. If they vetted every customer that walked in their wouldn't be any small mom and pop stores left.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Think of it this way if the fish are healthy loaches go for big money for store credit to a reputable store, go all natural live plants, rock, Drift wood and just start out with a school of tetras/danios

I don't care for the natural look. I can't afford live plants or driftwood anyway as I've searched around for some and with shipping they would be expensive for me as I'm on a tight budget and am not working right now.

Wow okay then, it's not just the look is beneficial to the tank, and no that fish store isn't reputable if they sold you a loach... My lfs told me when I got mine for my snail outbreak to bring them back in a year, plants are expensive but just think if you would of went live in the beginning your tank would be full by now as plants grow, Drift wood is at your lfs and isnt that expensive as you have a 20 gal tank and won't needed a lot you just get one nice center piece.

I just got a deal at my lfs plants were 4 for 15.00, you don't have to buy everything at once and the fish you have that have to be re homed you would get store credit for.

Rocks and wood are free. Also come with free exercise

Plants packages on are cheaper. Maybe not the greatest way to go but gets you a variety and gets you going.

Most fish stores will tell/sell you anything. It's not like they're there to make friends and talk about fish, they're there to make a living. It's up to you as the buyer to make an informed decision before purchasing fish. If they vetted every customer that walked in their wouldn't be any small mom and pop stores left.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app
[emoji106] exactly, but I got lucky with my lfs they actually called me yesterday to check on my tank progress cause I'm about to restock my rainbows and they won't sell me any until they know my tank isn't going to cycle its been 2 1/2 weeks approx

Back
Top Bottom