What is longest a cycle can take?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So what are the thoughts on Purigen. Does that behave like the rocks?

Also curious about the Fluval "ammonia remover" it's a granular material I have, but have not used it, because I thought it would slow the cycle by consuming the ammonia before the BB can convert it as food.

So what are the thoughts on Purigen. Does that behave like the rocks?

Also curious about the Fluval "ammonia remover" it's a granular material I have, but have not used it, because I thought it would slow the cycle by consuming the ammonia before the BB can convert it as food.

Purigen removes ammonia and nitrites as well. I'd say for now the only thing that should be removing ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates from your tank should be the beneficial bacteria you're building and water changes. If it were me I'd just fill it with BioMax or something similar and keep up with water changes. In my fx5 I just have the coarse sponges that go around the outside of the trays and the center of each tray is filled with BioMax.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Thanks Nigel, I will look up Biomax. I am not familiar with it.

Meanwhile, I thing I am getting better every day now, and now convinced the sponge slowed me down. I will leave it be.

Kevin

Back
Top Bottom