What is the best nutrition for my baby mollies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CMN

Aquarium Advice Activist
My baby mollies are a month old and i have started changing their food from first bites to "adult food" I bought brine shrimp, tetra min tropical granules and tetra flakes. I don't know what would be best for them i have herd that brine can make them become constipated if gave to the fry too often, should I mix it up morning flakes, granules, brine, or one day one type of food next day a different kind? Don't know what would be best for them to become strong and healthy. Any suggestions?

When I had my 55gal Molly colony I used the first bites and then went to regular Tetra flakes, but, I took the flakes and pushed them through a strainer to make them small enough for the fry. At about 3-6 months old I put strips of seaweed in a veggie clip and they go nuts for it. Good luck with your fry. They are fairly easy to raise.

Finely crushed flakes work fine... if you want something more nutritious, get Hikari First Bites or hard boil and egg and put a little piece of the yoke in their water. Baby brine shrimp also work.

i have been crushing the flakes up for them and they seem to eat that just fine. At night or once a day i will crush some of the shrimp up so they can eat the powder.

I use hilarious first bites for all my fry.. just remember its super easy to over feed them, causing the tank to cleaned a lot .. feed them many times a day

fry are so fun to watch! :) have fun.
I had guppy babies born today

Back
Top Bottom