what is the best power filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What power filter is the best?

• Total voters
I have both but Lean toward the Emperor/Penguins for Filtration Flow IMO.

I Like AquaClear for the Ease of Media Choice but I have Modified my Marinelands to accept different types as well. I like the BioWheels as well and my Nitrates are stable and like Clockwork with my PWC Schedule.

I will say though some of them are loud but in a house of 3 dogs, 3 cats and a Nine year old. I never really hear it.

If you're a student you can use your school email to get amazon prime for free for 6 months. But remember to cancel it before your trial is over because theyll charge you.

Amazon Prime is great, plus you get free Movie Streaming from your Playstation 3 or Xbox 360. We cancelled Netflix plus the Free 2 day shipping is cheap when you average it out over time. We use it all the time for as much as we can even Groceries (My wife bought a bunch of baking stuff saved a bundle). Can beat it during the holidays. I did not even go to one store last year, all online with 90% at Amazon.

The sponge inserts in the AC filters last for many years, and the bio rings probably forever. All smaller ACs can take two sponge inserts.

wow i did not know that.
how do you set yours up?
i was thinking ill add more biomax in it or a sponge i just don't know which.
and i change the carbon every month right?

I am currently using both marineland and aquaclear. IMO aquaclear is the best for several reasons: more room for media, more options for media, flow control, and no "bio wheel". I know there is some controversy about this, but I have a hard time keeping nitrate levels in control on my tank with the marineland filter. I do the exact same maintenance as my other tanks, and there could be other circumstances, but I've seen this several times with friends who also use marineland filters. Just an opinion.

yah i have aquaclear. i didn't pick marine land cause i was thinking it would be a hassle to try to find the biowheel that fits it. besides the emperor comes in for big tanks only.

You can get a month free trial of it, BUT after the month it's like $80 for a year or something. Not sure about the student one.

And if you forget to cancel when it's up and they charge you, you can get the charge taken off as long as you didn't use it.

So I'd do it for free shipping.

wow thats expensive but i will get my filter there. what else can i buy there that would be cheap for my new tank. any ideas?

I had an emperor 400 and didn't like it because of the loud noise. So I replaced it with an aqua clear 110.

For my 10g tank I replaced my penguin 150 with an aqua clear 20. I just don't like how loud the marine land filters are.

Also with aquacleae you can adjust the web feeding which is something you can't do with marineland

web feeding? like are u talking about the flow rate?

Amazon Prime is great, plus you get free Movie Streaming from your Playstation 3 or Xbox 360. We cancelled Netflix plus the Free 2 day shipping is cheap when you average it out over time. We use it all the time for as much as we can even Groceries (My wife bought a bunch of baking stuff saved a bundle). Can beat it during the holidays. I did not even go to one store last year, all online with 90% at Amazon.

wow does it have more movie selections than netflix? that sounds awesome though

Back
Top Bottom