What is the hardiest fish to cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bmthepainter

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello just wondering what everyone thinks is the strongest fish to cycle an aquarium with
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hardy Fish Species

Hello just wondering what everyone thinks is the strongest fish to cycle an aquarium with
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hello painter...

There are several: Platys, Danios, Female Guppies, White Clouds, Rasboras and Barbs likely top this list.

B

If you are doing fish-in cycling, it's best to do it with fish you intend to have long term. I absolutely love zebra danios, and they are really hardy so you can cycle your tank with them and keep them afterwards.

I use feeder goldfish, them rehome to one of my ponds when the tank is cycled. Although I take care to do lots of WC's and not over feed.

Fishobsessed7

I use feeder goldfish, them rehome to one of my ponds when the tank is cycled. Although I take care to do lots of WC's and not over feed.

I've known lots of people to do this.

I used pricilla tetras to cycle my first tank, then filter media after that. I wasn't good at my first attempt at cycling, and those poor fish probably should've died a few times. They even survived an ich outbreak that killed everything else in the tank. They were true survivors. They're no longer with us, as that was a few years ago. Each one eventually passed on with no damage and in good fully cycled tanks, so I'm pretty sure it was age.

Peppered cories, or female guppies

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Why only female guppies? Just because they're not pretty like males doesn't mean they should have to go through a life risking experience like a cycle.

I wouldn't recommend cycling with any fish, but if I had to I would say zebra danios.

Back
Top Bottom