What is the name of my fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IssyDizzy

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have heard stuff like hong king ?
How do they breed?
Sorry I can't get a picture they keep hiding!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Where's the picture of the fish? I'm on an iPhone and can't see your avatar clearly, if that's the fish you're referring to.

David

We are really going to need more info. If you cant get a pic, letting us know the colors, fish that it looks similar to, size, anything could help.

No it's not the fish in the pic. Thanks for all the quick replies, here a few pictures...

image-2785660091.jpg

image-3639939688.jpg

image-3058270093.jpg

I could only get some of them against the glass but I'll try and get some others
Thanks again

I have 2 of them in my tank. They are really neat and really really fast. They do however require a high water flow or else they have Trouble breathing. If you notice they do nothing but sit in the outlet flow of your filter you need to add some more flow for them. They also do best in cooler water low to mid 70s is best

Ok thanks for your information I'll pull my filter upwards so it makes a more fast of a faster current more often. Do I have to do it all the time? What's the name? I know I don't know but when I bought them I don't remember any said about hill stream loaches sorry

Yeah just leave the flow pretty heavy and they will be fine. I had problems getting my tank working right for my first one. I noticed if the oxygen was getting a little low in the water he would turn really pale and lift himself off the gravel to get more air. I ended up having to add an airstone. But I upgraded to a 55g planted and added in a powerhead which made him happy. If you notice him turning really pale add an airstone, it will help noticeably

My LFS sells them as 'Hong Kong plecs'. They are hillstream loaches. Hope that helps!

Back
Top Bottom