What is the one fish you REGRETTED buying?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Blue channel cats are native to KY waters so it was ok.

Channel cats may be native but it's illegal in some places to release fish back. The reason is they have adapted to being in a aquarium. They got stable temps, food galore, and plenty of hiding places. The wild is much different and it is unlikely they will adjust back. Most end in death of the fish.

That's why..

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Channel cats may be native but it's illegal in some places to release fish back. The reason is they have adapted to being in a aquarium. They got stable temps, food galore, and plenty of hiding places. The wild is much different and it is unlikely they will adjust back. Most end in death of the fish.

That's why..

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

They can also introduce diseases

Hillstream loach. I just dont think fish should be taken out of the wild and put in a tank. Hard to keep. Don't eat manmade foods and lasted 6mths.

we're gona need a bigger tank (boat).. JAWS ~~~∆~~\o/~~

Hillstream loach. I just dont think fish should be taken out of the wild and put in a tank. Hard to keep. Don't eat manmade foods and lasted 6mths.

we're gona need a bigger tank (boat).. JAWS ~~~∆~~\o/~~
They're actually a great loach, and really easy to keep in the right environment. They need a riverine tank, cool water and lots of oxygen which don't make them suitable for the standard community. They also require algae to feed on. Any of them found in stores are going to be wild caught, but can be bred.
That's my current project actually. Long shallow river tanks with lots of flow and oxygen with some Cloud Minnows and/or freshwater gobies. The goal is to breed them though.

Someone regretted this one... couldn't be fun toting it to petco..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1426278011869.jpg
    1426278011869.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 74
Someone regretted this one... couldn't be fun toting it to petco..

Oh dear a Black Pacu. Can't imagine seeing that in my LFS lol. Those things are vicious!

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Oh dear a Black Pacu. Can't imagine seeing that in my LFS lol. Those things are vicious!

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

It was in with fancy goldies, thing was easily 18" long..

6 Kyathit Danio. They're like zebras with orange fins which was nice in theory ... The tank has a lot of orange and copper themes going on ...

But their coloring isn't noticeable, they just look from 8 feet away, and they're like a pack of teenagers on skateboards disrupting everyone.

They'd probably be pretty in a huge school in a huge tank. I've thought about a danio tank because their behavior can be fun to watch ... If you're not a small calm rasbora or tetra.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

Back
Top Bottom