What is this a sign I don't need to keep fish???? :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

swishyfishies

Aquarium Advice Activist
Last week the tank overflowed as I was filling it, a few days later the air hoses to our bubble wall came un done & water covered the floor again, just now one of the green connections on my python cracked & water spraying all over the livingroom...........then as I was refilling it the old way trying a power head to force water up the line so I don't have to lift buckets, the line popped out of the tank & water all over the floor again. I swear my tank stand is gona buckel when I add all that live rock to it in June from soaking up all this water. That's it I'm going back to bed. :x

I would love to have a video of that for AFHV...Oh well, I feel your pain...I can't tell you haw many times that has happened to me.... I hate pythons. The connections are shotty and a house with excellent pressure will blow the seals everytime you try to shut it off. I use a water hose with a nozzle and an adapter for the sink now. I am curious though, are you topping off or refilling...RO/DI or tap? Were you siphoning? Used one of the 6 ft siphoning hoses to clean but, that was when I had CC substrate. I do not siphon now.. I let all the inhabitants eat and be merry and I use a turkey baster to blow off the rock... Anyway, I feel for your trials and don't give up it will be ok...

Here's an easy solution to the hose popping out of the tank. You'll need a short piece (1') of 1/2" CPVC or PVC, 2 elbows, a female adapter, and a 1/2" threaded hose barb. Make a J shaped piece...longer on one side than the other. Glue the female adapter to the long side and screw in the hose barb. Then you can hook this on the side of the tank and connect your hose to the barb...won't fall out.
Logan J

Thanks Logan, Will this help the function of my brain too. LOL

Tim, Actually I was doing a water change on my fresh water tank. The part on my python that broke was the short section with the white switch on it. And I don't even use that swutch. I have no idea how it cracked. Oh well I just took that section out & screwed the other two together & it works fine now. I was using tap, I don't have a RO, just don't have the money. Maybe one day.

swishyfishies said:
I swear my tank stand is gona buckel when I add all that live rock to it in June from soaking up all this water. :x

Seriously watch the joints in the wood. If you see them start to separate you may want to figure out how to get the tank off of it before it gets off by its self. Water will make the joints separate.

Sorry to hear about your mis-adventures in water changing. I think we've all bee through some similar experiences. Mine are with my RO/Di unit. I don't have an auto-shutoff and have overflowed conto the floor a couple of times :) .

You might want to take a look at this bucket clip too.
http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=8163
They're cheap and work great on my water change trash can. My tank lip is too wide for the clip but I add water to the sump anyway, so that's not a problem for me.

You might want to take a look at this bucket clip too.

WOW 8O

I never would have enven thought someone would have made let alone sold one of those. FOr real thats something nearly everyone should have.

Man sometimes its the simplest of things that someone invents that makes them the most $.

Back
Top Bottom