What is this plastic thing attached to the bottom of my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They look kinda like the frames you put in filters, but they would have sponges or charcoal bags or whatever in the. Can you take a pic from the top??

The white frame is under gravel filter and the frames realy don't belong He may have has filter pads on them to help with filtration. I would ditch the whole set up and get a hob or canister filter.

the green plastic things are frames from a tetra whisper. I know because I had one. The blue one is likely the same thing, maybe for a different sized filter or a different brand... Not sure what they would be doing in the gravel of a fish tank, however.

My best guess would be that for some reason the previous owner used the filter cartridges instead of substrate for biofiltration, though it would be a very inefficient setup. Better to simply use a sheet of bulk filter media cut to fit the bottom of the tank on top of the UG filter plate and use a few rocks to help hold it down.

My best guess would be that for some reason the previous owner used the filter cartridges instead of substrate for biofiltration, though it would be a very inefficient setup. Better to simply use a sheet of bulk filter media cut to fit the bottom of the tank on top of the UG filter plate and use a few rocks to help hold it down.
They probably used the frames for carbon.

The green ones are for a tetra whisper 10i filter and the blue one is for a larger model. You basically make your own cartridges with them with a filter floss like bag that goes over the frame and activated carbon goes inside!

Sent from my iPhone A1533 using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom