What is this?! (plus one other question)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I saw, and I wish I could recall where, someone did a little experiment with calcium supplements for snails. They used cuttlebone, a fish feeder block, plain plaster of paris in a solid lump and some all calcium pills from the drugstore. Each was placed near the others, and pictures taken daily to see which one would vanish first.

IIRC, all the supplements were fed on by snails, I think the pills vanished first, possibly because they were the smallest. But all were fed on. I think as long as they have a source of calcium they can get to, it helps some.

I also leave empty shells in the water where they slowly dissolve. Shrimp and MTS clean them out so thoroughly, they never foul the water, and do provide some calcium to the water column.

Yea.. have a pretty good chunk of cuttlebone in the tank had it there prolly around 2mths maybe longer.. but the shell just keeps splitting i feed them omega one veggie rounds and hikari crab cuisine whicg is for the shrimp but they eat it too.. so i grabbed the calcium powder mentioned above for reptiles. Gonna google some more and see what i can find.. when i add spinach to the tank they dont eat it .. so mayb the jello will do the trick

Back
Top Bottom